This month we've discussed some important issues like how to avoid a burst pipe and the importance of regular furnace maintenance to catch carbon monoxide leaks. To provide you with more information, we've compiled a list of sites. Follow the links below to see how you can protect your home’s plumbing and heating this winter. And if it's too late for preventative maintenance, find out what to do if you think your home’s plumbing has sprung a leak.
- Understand why pipes can burst when the temperature drops below freezing on this page from Weather.com.
- Visit EnergySavers.gov to learn more about insulating your hot water pipes to save energy and money.
- Learn more about the different types of available insulation for your home’s unheated spaces on BPA.gov.
- Get the facts on the production of carbon monoxide, its health risks, and prevention on CDC.gov.
- Explore the impact of indoor air quality on the health of the inhabitants of your home on this page from EPA.gov.
Want to learn more about the ways you can prevent these home disasters? Contact F.H. Furr Plumbing, Heating, and Air Conditioning at (703) 491-1234 to schedule a visit from the best plumbers in Fairfax! And don't forget to 'Like' our Facebook page for heating and plumbing tips and more!