This month we talked about some ways to lower your energy bill (by saving on both heating and water) and some ways to improve your indoor air quality. Head to the pages below to explore some of the benefits of the products and services we've recommended over the last few weeks. Read about tankless water heaters, explore the problems that can plague an ill-maintained furnace, get some tips for getting the most out of your programmable thermostat, and find out what causes poor indoor air quality.
- Visit HowStuffWorks.com to get an idea of how the innovative technology in a tankless water heater operates.
- Check out EnergySavers.gov for an idea of just how much energy you can save with an on-demand water heater.
- Learn more about the operation and energy consumption of many types of water heaters on ConsumerEnergyCenter.org.
- Keeping your home’s air clean can be a challenge, but these tips from WebMD.com and some assistance from your HVAC specialist will help.
- Find out what health risks radon presents to people with poor indoor air quality and inadequate ventilation.
- Head to PlanetGreen.com to learn about some common sources of indoor air pollutants that you can control.
- Have a look at this article from The Washington Post for an idea on how much you should change your furnace air filter and why.
- Read this page on EnergyStar.gov to get an idea of how much you can save by using a programmable thermostat.
- If you’re skeptical on the savings you can get with a programmable thermostat, check out this article on MSN.com to help change your mind.
If you've been neglecting your heater or plumbing system, this is the perfect time to show them some TLC. Call us today to find out ways you can improve your home's efficiency and comfort! If you’re interested in further information, contact F.H. Furr Plumbing, Heating, and Air Conditioning at (703) 491-1234.